Saturday, January 23, 2010

I {HEART} Valentine's Day....Again!



Remember when I told you all to ignore the empty candlesticks?  I found a solution!  I know the easy thing would have just been to put some CANDLES on them, but oh no.  I can't just put candles on them...they needed something with a little flair!  So, here you have it.  I used half of a styrofoam ball and covered it in red felt to make it look like a group of roses.  Turned out kinda purty huh?  Keep reading..I will tell you how!



Here is a Valentine's Day Topiary...that will never die!  Why?  Because those roses are not REAL!  They to are red felt.  So fun, right?  Wanna learn?  I thought so!  Here we go.



SUPPLIES

- A Topiary or a styrofoam ball and a dowel.
- Several (and I mean several) 3 inch felt circles.
- Straight pins.
- A cute pot or tin.
- Moss, leaves, rocks, whatever filler you fancy.
- Ribbon to dress it up a bit.



Take each circle one by one and fold it into quarters.  When it looks like this, stick a straight pin through the bottom.  The pin is there...it's just hard to see.  Sorry!



Insert the straight pin into the styrofoam ball and repeat until entire ball is covered.  You can add more or less to reach your desired fullness.  This is really easy and just takes a little bit of time!

Before you know it, you get a little something like this.



Not to shabby! Next, you can wrap ribbon around the dowel by hot glueing one end of the ribbon to the bottom of the dowel.  Wrap the ribbon up to the top and hot glue the other end to secure.  Cut a long piece of ribbon(s) and tie a cute bow at the top.  Insert topiary into pot/tin/bucket and cover with filler.

Now, get to creatin' !!!!

No comments: