Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Twine Frame

I found this really cute, quick, and easy frame makeover on Brown Paper Packages blog. 



Isn't it just cute?  I thought it was so adorable, I had to make one of my own.  Especially because I had all of the supplies in my craft closet.  Now what's better than that?  I didn't have to go to the store and buy anything! So my craft today was FREE!!!  Love it when things are FREE!!

Here's Mine!



Pretty cute huh?  And is only took about 10 minutes!

Instructions....I had this super ugly frame that I found at the dollar store.  I don't know why I bought it, I just did.  Maybe I was thinking I would spray paint it...I love spray paint too!
But nope, not today!  This frame is getting a twine makeover!  You can use any frame you have laying around that you just don't love anymore, or maybe doesn't match anything.



Next step...your twine!  Wrap the twine around once and tie a knot.  Then begin wrapping around and around the frame until it is covered.  You can do the corners too, I didn't because I had something different in mind.  Once you complete wrapping the frame, tie another knot on the backside to secure the twine.  You can even pull out some hot glue gun if you want.



I then found a pair of tights that Charlee doesn't wear anymore and cut 4 strips.  They are approximately 3x1/2 inches.  I hot glued one end on the back side of the frame and wrapped it a few times (pulling it kind of snug) and glued the other end on the back side of the frame.



Then find a flower and hot glue it to the frame. And then you have this!



Yes, I think the flower might be a little TOO big for this frame.  But, never the less, I like it!
Go on, get to it...get craftin' girls!

No comments: