I couldn't take it...I had to do something! The kitchen is ALMOST done and my need for baking cupcakes was beyond my control! They HAD to be made!
The Most Delicious Coconut Cupcakes.
Want the recipe? Yeah, I thought you would!
Recipe compliments of Martha Stewart's Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup packed sweetend shredded coconut
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 large whole eggs plus 2 egg whites, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Pulse shredded coconut in a food processor until finely ground, and whisk into flour mixture.
2. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Gradually beat in whole eggs, whites, and vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with two additions of coconut milk, and beating until combined after each.
3. Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three quarters full. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, turn out cupcakes onto wire racks and let cool completely. Cupcakes can be stores overnight at room temperature, or frozen for up to two months, in airtight conatiners.
4. Frost...this recipe called for the Seven-Minute Frosting. But I am not a huge fan of it. I prefer buttercream frosting. I don't measure when I make frosting....just use powdered sugar, butter, and a little milk until nice and fluffy. I added about a teaspoon of coconut extract. Create a generous dome of frosting...don't skimp! Frosting is the best part of a cupcake!
5. Sprinkle either toasted coconut or fresh coconut flakes on frosting. I added a little shredded chocolate for garnish too.
I am a regular girl who loves to try and be creative. I am married to a one good looking police officer of a husband who makes me laugh everyday. We have three darling kids, Cooper 8, Charlee 6, and my baby Griffin just turned 2. I find joy in all the good the world has to offer!
Of course all you Gone with the Wind fans know where my name came from. I love all things Halloween (thanks Mom), brightly colored items catch my eye, love to craft-better at replicating that creating but working on this, dabbling into sewing, wanna be foodie and chef, loves to bake-especially cupcakes right now (seriously, who doesn't like cupcakes!), reading if there is ever a spare minute, good friends, and I take pleasure in hanging out with my hubby, two kiddos and extended family.