Thursday, August 12, 2010

Yard Sale Treasure

Several weeks ago Tara and I checked out a few yard sales in town. As most of you know, when you hit yard sales you never know what treasures you will find. This is my treasure!

Isn't she lovely? Okay, I know she's not but just wait!


The lady was asking $10 for this old rickety chair. I am an okay haggler and got her down to $7. And yeah, this chair needs a good home and LOTS of love!

The first thing I had to do was make this thing safe to sit on! I secured all her legs with some wood glue and my nail gun where possible! I sanded her down and made a huge dusty mess...oh how I love sanding.


Moved her into the backyard rock pile.

Pulled out TWO can's of Krylon Marigold spray paint and got to work.
This pic is right after she was painted. I then sanded the entire chair very lightly. I wanted it to have an old distressed, vintage look. After sanding, I applied a thin coat of glaze, wiped it down and....

I have this charming chair!


Now, just in case your thinking to yourself "Why does that chairs legs look miniature?" It's because it kind of is. In her former life she was a rocking chair. Someone removed the rockers and left her rocker less. Poor girl. However, do not worry! I am on the look out for something I can use to add some height to this little lady!

No comments: