Saturday, September 4, 2010

Gotta Love Pumpkins!




I know, I know!  I am obsessed with FALL and one can never have to many pumpkins!  Right?  Wanna make some?  I can tell you how!

Supplies: 

1 - 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 board (at least 30 inches long)
Orange Paint - I used Delta's Terra Cotta
Glaze (mine is Ralph Lauren Glaze, tinted brown)
Ribbon
Wire (or an old wire hanger maybe!)
Green Spray Paint (I used Krylon Hunter Green...from Walmart, only $2.50 a can!)
Glue
Drill
Sand paper (mine was 120 grit)
Hammer (yeah, I will tell you why!)
Glue

Directions:

1. Cut your 3.5x3.5 board into lengths of 12 inches, 8 inches, and 5 inches. Or, whatever desired length you choose.

2. Paint each pumpkin orange.  Let dry.

3. Grab your hammer and hit your boards along the edges, the sides, the top.  Wherever you want to "distress" your pumpkin.

4. Pull out the sand paper and sand the as desired.

5. Paint on your glaze, let sit for a few minutes then wipe it off with an old damp t-shirt or cloth.

6. Now, you need to wrap your wire into some curly q's then spray paint them green.

7.  While you are waiting for the spray paint to dry, drill small holes in the top of your pumpkin.  The holes should be roughly the same gauge as your wire.

8. If your green curly q's are dry, dab a little hot glue on the end of the wire and stick into the hole.  Arrange stems as desired.

9. Wrap each pumpkin with ribbon.  Tie in a bow or knot.  They also look cute without the ribbon, ooh, they would even look great with some twine!  I may have to go try that right now!

Pretty easy right?  So go, have fun....create your own FALL PUMPKINS!

2 comments:

3creativechics said...

I really like this idea and may have to try this out to display in my home. I know I have some wood somewhere in my pile of "stuff I can't get rid of." I love following your blog, you have a lot of cute ideas.

Amanda said...

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the new Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) My hope is to share many of the fabulous projects I see everyday with the vast CG audience. I hope you will not only stop by and subscribe to CG, but will tell your friends about the new category! Hope you see some traffic from it!

Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/painted-wood-pumpkins/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/