Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Halloween Table Runner


Halloween is on it's way!  In honor of the BEST holiday of the year, I made a Halloween table runner for the kitchen!

I am very excited with how it turned out!  Isn't it SPOOKY?!  Okay, I guess it's not spooky, but it is pretty dang cute!  Now, I have to admit a thing or two...  I have NEVER quilted anything on my sewing machine before.  I have hand stitched but the sewing machine quilting I never dared attempt.  Until now.  And, it was NOT as bad as I thought it would be.  Fusible fleece/batting is pretty much one of the coolest things ever.

I used the Moda Halloween Night Charm pack that I purchased from here.  For me, spending a little more money to have them pre cut is worth it.  I can never seem to get all my squares perfectly square. 

I hope everyone out there is feeling the beauty of Fall and anxiously awaiting Halloween!  What are you going to dress up as this year?  Or what are you going to dress your kiddos up as?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that!! Halloween is my favorite too! Not sure what I will be this year!

Terrell said...

You are just sooo creative! I love your Fall decor! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link your sweet creations up at my link party each Friday! Hope to see you there!!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~