Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Leftover Love

I'm sure you're over Valentine's Day.

I am.

Cleaned it up yesterday, boxed, and packed away until next year. However, we just finished the leftovers from this German Chocolate Drizzle Cake that I made for my hubby on Monday.


Yes, this cake is as good as it looks. The frosting was DIVINE. We had plenty to share. You better bet we shared this cake (I'm already failing miserably on my new years resolution to slim down a little). It was huge. It also paired nicely with a couple of tall glasses of ice cold milk. You have to try it. It was finger lickn' good.


4 comments:

Pam And Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam And Scott said...

Pam And Scott said...
ok so yesterday i decided to make this most wonderul looking cake!! I need to feed the boys basketball team, so I thought this would be a great dessert! Well it was great except in fell in the middle. I was a little disappointed, but after a little bit of frosting...you couldn't even tell! thanks so much the recipe. It was fun. ( maybe it is this Orem Utah altitude that caused the falling problem)

Rushton's said...

HI Pam! Hi Cousin! Kind of fun to talk with family, even if it is through blogs! I'm sorry that yours fell. I didn't have that problem. That is the worst when you work hard and spend time on something to have it not turn out right! Bummer, maybe it was altitude difference. I wouldn't rule it out as 'never make again' because it is pretty good. Hopefully you have a better experience with it next time. Hope you loved the frosting as much as I did!

Pam And Scott said...

I loved the frosting!!!! The whole cake was amazing. The boys basketball team inhaled it and said it was the best cake ever!! I'm the only one who was a little disappointed. They had no idea it had fallen (thank you frosting). I really wanted to try this because I saw your cupcakes on facebook from Aunt Susans pictures. I know you are a great cook!! Thanks so much for the recipe i will try it again soon. I'm going to Park City this weekend with my family...maybe I'll try it there!!! Thanks and I love the blog!! I get so many ideas from here. I'm going to post on facebook about it.